Private Swimming Lessons
Private Swimming Lessons are available from June to early August, in a very limited capacity, to anyone seeking individual lessons at the Orange Beach Aquatics Center. Learn to Swim and Stroke Development lessons are offered.
The child must be at least 2 years old as of January 1, 2023, in order to be enrolled in private lessons.
This class is designed for children who can follow instructions and are ready to swim without their parents. Instructors will guide the participant. Each private session contains four, 30-minute classes, held Monday through Thursday for one week. Make-ups for instructor absence or inclement weather will be on Friday. Limited to one non-swimmer participant per lesson.
Stroke Development Sessions
This class is designed for children who can adequately swim front crawl but need work on perfecting their stroke. There will also be an opportunity to learn new strokes. Instructors will guide each participant through each swim lesson from the deck. Each private session contains four, 30-minute classes, held Monday through Thursday for one week. Make-ups for instructor absence or inclement weather will be on Friday.
Cost of Private Swimming Lessons
You may either Learn to Swim or Stroke Development; the fee for private sessions is $55 (4 lessons). Registrations are handled online and an ActiveNet account is required (see instruction on how to create an account at bottom of page). The lessons are held Monday to Thursday. Each lesson is 30 minutes.
Registration for Summer 2023 Lessons
Registration will open at 8 a.m. on April 3, 2023.
Sessions and times are as follows (when registration opens, links on each session will go directly to the ActiveNet registration page that shows up-to-date availability for each session).
SESSION 1 - JUNE 5 TO JUNE 8, 2023
SESSION 2 - JUNE 12 TO JUNE 15, 2023
- June 12-15 - 8-8:30a
- June 12-15 - 8:30-9a
- June 12-15 - 11:30a-12p
- June 12-15 - 12-12:30p
- June 12-15 - 12:30-1p
SESSION 3 - JUNE 19 TO JUNE 22, 2023
- June 19-22 - 8-8:30a
- June 19-22 - 8:30-9a
- June 19-22 - 11:30a-12p
- June 19-22 - 12-12:30p
- June 19-22 - 12:30-1p
SESSION 4 - JUNE 26 TO JUNE 29, 2023
- June 26-29 - 8-8:30a
- June 26-29 - 8:30-9a
- June 26-29 - 11:30a-12p
- June 26-29 - 12-12:30p
- June 26-29 - 12:30-1p
SESSION 5 - JULY 10 TO JULY 13, 2023
- July 10-13 - 8-8:30a
- July 10-13 - 8:30-9a
- July 10-13 - 11:30-12p
- July 10-13 - 12-12:30p
- July 10-13 - 12:30-1p
SESSION 6 - JULY 17 TO JULY 20. 2023
- July 17-20 - 8-8:30a
- July 17-20 - 8:30-9a
- July 17-20 - 11:30a-12p
- July 17-20 - 12-12:30p
- July 17-20 - 12:30-1p
For more information, call the Aquatics Center at 251-974-7946.
Summer 2023 Swim Clinic
Summer Swim Clinic is designed for ages 6-14. It is a 6-week course running from June 5-29, 2023 and July 10-20, 2023. Participants will be required to swim 50 yards of freestyle continuously to qualify for the class. The goal of the clinic is to help swimmers improve stroke technique and endurance while also teaching drills that will refine their strokes. Swim Clinic will meet Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Fridays will be used as a make-up day due to inclement weather or the absence of an instructor. The fee for the 6-week course is $200. Registration will open on ActiveNet at 8 a.m. April 3, 2023. (Instruction on creating an ActiveNet account are on the bottom of the page.)
Once registration opens, register for OBAC Swimming Clinic on ActiveNet.
To register for activities, you will need to create an Active Orange Beach account.
View and download a printable version of Creating Your ActiveNet Account Instructions (PDF).
Start by accessing our new site at the City of Orange Beach website.
Steps Two and Three
Click "Sign In/Up" Then on the Sign In page, click "Join" below the Sign In button.
Steps Four and Five
- Enter your email address. Click "Next."
- Fill in your name, and date of birth and create a password. Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk.
- Fill in your Personal Information. Under "Phone," use the dropdown and select "Cell Phone." Then select your "Operator" (carrier - AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, etc.) and add your cell number. Required fields are denoted by a red asterisk.
- Click "Submit."
Please note: Cell phone numbers are required. It is an essential communication tool for the sports director/staff and volunteer coaches.
- Congratulations, you have created your Active Orange Beach account! You will receive an email to activate your account.
- Once the account is activated, you can add family members.
Adding Family Member(s)
Once your account is created and you sign in, you can add family members. On your "My Account" page click on "Manage Family Member."
- On the "My Family Members" page, click on "Add family member".
- Then add the new family member's information.
(For the phone number for children, parents should select "Cell Phone" on the dropdown menu again and select the operator/carrier.)
Click "Submit" and the family member is added.
ActiveNet Orange Beach site - City of Orange Beach website. After an account is created, you can enroll in an activity.
Download Register for Activities on ActiveNet Instructions (PDF)
Go to the Activities page and select Activity.
Click “Enroll Now” on Activity Search Page or on the Activity details page.
After selecting the activity you prefer, you will be prompted to select a participant from a dropdown menu. Or add a family member, if needed. Click “Next.”
1. Fill in the enrollment information for the participant. Uniform sizes have dropdown menus and the others require a "yes" or "no," and more details if the answer is "yes".
2. Click “Add to Cart” when complete.
1. On the "Shopping Cart" page, you can review, edit, or remove the activity you added. The initial consent to the General Waiver and check off the Birth Certificate requirement acknowledgment and the Photo Waiver. All are required before registration can be finished and payment made.
2. Once done, click "Check Out."
1. On the "Check Out" payment page, put your credit card information in to complete the registration process. Once the payment is made you will see the Confirmation page and can view a printable receipt. You will also receive an email confirmation.
Thank you. For any questions about the ActiveNet registration, email Marc D. Anderson, Special Projects Coordinator.