The City of Orange Beach Wind and Water Learning Center is committed to enhancing life for locals and guests by providing coastal access, facilities, equipment, field trip opportunities and education for sailing and paddling sports. We are an active member of U.S. Sailing and an affiliate of the American Canoe Association, following many of their accredited classes and guidelines. We accommodate people of all ages, skill levels, and backgrounds. Classes and events are seasonal and our webpage is updated with details throughout the year.
We hope to see you out on the water at the Wind and Water Learning Center!
For additional information, email Jackie McGonigal.
- Volume 3: Happenings at the Wind & Water Newsletter (PDF) - March 2023
- Volume 2: Happenings at the Wind & Water Newsletter, (PDF) - November 2022.
- Volume 1: Happenings at the Wind & Water Newsletter (PDF) - September 2022.
- Am I allowed to launch my own sailboat/kayak/SUP at the W&WLC?
Yes! The W&WLC is a municipal facility that the public can access during daylight hours.
- Are dogs allowed at the W&WLC?
Yes, dogs are allowed on leashes. There is also a pet waste station located off the northeast corner of the building.
- Do you rent sailboats and kayaks?
We are in the process of developing an equipment rental program for the community.
- Can you come teach me how to sail / operate my new boat at my property?
No, we would love to host you for a lesson with one of our certified instructors on site at the W&WLC in our fleet. We use Optimists, Sunfish, and touring style kayaks.