Building and Fire Codes
The International Code Council is a member-focused association dedicated to helping the building safety community and construction industry provide safe, sustainable and affordable construction through the development of codes and standards used in the design, build and compliance process. Most U.S. communities and many global markets choose the International Codes.
The City of Orange Beach has adopted The International Code Series as noted below.
Effective: January 1, 2019:
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Electrical Code Administrative Provisions
- 2017 National Electical Code (NFPA 70)
- 2015 Alabama Energy Conservation Code
- 2018 International Wildland-Urban Interface Code
- 2017 Coastal Code Supplement
Copies of these codes are available for reference at the following locations:
- City Hall - 4099 Orange Beach Blvd.
- Community Developement - 4101 Orange Beach Blvd.
- Library - 26267 Canal Rd.
Other helpful information: