The shooting range is currently CLOSED for relocation until further notice.
The Orange Beach Police Department shooting range was formerly located at 4500 William Silvers Parkway. The range was available to the public every other Saturday, 9am-12pm, weather permitting, and whether or not any scheduled police training was taking place. The department made every effort to have the range available to the public. Anytime the range was open, a certified firearms instructor/RSO was on duty.
The former range was a pistol/handgun range only. The maximum shooting distance was 10 yards.
OBPD PUBLIC RANGE INFORMATION AND RULES:
The rules and procedures may change depending on the present, on-duty Police Firearms Instructor. All rules and procedures are necessary to ensure that eveybody has an equal opportunity to shoot and to maintain a safe shooting environment for all shooters.
- Targets are provided by the range staff.
- Closed toe shoes ONLY---No flip-flops or sandals are allowed at the range.
- Hearing and eye protection is mandatory.
- No automatic weapons are allowed.
- No shooting steel targets is allowed.
- While ON THE FIRING LINE, any shooter under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Only one minor per adult will be allowed on the line at a time. Each minor/adult pair will use ONE firing position. ALL SHOOTERS ARE TO REMAIN AT THEIR RESPECTIVE FIRING POSITIONS WHILE THE LINE IS HOT.
- No Firearms or ammunition sales will be conducted on the premises.
For more information, contact our department at 251-981-9777.
REMEMBER: Treat every firearm as though it were loaded!