ORANGE BEACH SHOOTING RANGE
Starting on Saturday, April 23, 2022, the Orange Beach Police Department's new shooting range on Russian Road (see map below) will be open to the public every other Saturday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., weather permitting and except for holidays, and whether or not any scheduled police training is taking place. The department makes every effort to have the range available to the public. Anytime the range is open, a certified firearms instructor/RSO will be on duty.
Scheduled days in 2022: May 7, May 21, June 4, June 18, July 9, July 23, August 20, September 10, September 24, October 8, October 22, November 5, November 19, December 3 and December 17.
The range is a pistol/handgun range only. The maximum shooting distance is 7 yards.
OBPD PUBLIC RANGE INFORMATION AND RULES:
The rules and procedures may change depending on the present, on-duty Police Firearms Instructor. All rules and procedures are necessary to ensure that eveybody has an equal opportunity to shoot and to maintain a safe shooting environment for all shooters.
- Targets are provided by the range staff.
- Closed toe shoes ONLY---No flip-flops or sandals are allowed at the range.
- Hearing and eye protection is mandatory.
- No automatic weapons are allowed.
- No shooting steel targets is allowed.
- While ON THE FIRING LINE, any shooter under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Only one minor per adult will be allowed on the line at a time. Each minor/adult pair will use ONE firing position. ALL SHOOTERS ARE TO REMAIN AT THEIR RESPECTIVE FIRING POSITIONS WHILE THE LINE IS HOT.
- No Firearms or ammunition sales will be conducted on the premises.
For more information, contact our department at 251-981-9777.
REMEMBER: Treat every firearm as though it were loaded!