RESIDENTIAL GARBAGE COLLECTION
GARBAGE PICKUP IS TWICE WEEKLY ON TUESDAYS AND FRIDAYS.
The residential garbage charge is currently $16.25 per month and is billed by the Finance Department on the same bill as the sewer charge. Contact the Finance Department at 251-981-6096 to establish new service or to report issues relative to your garbage and recycle service.
RESIDENTIAL RECYCLE COLLECTION
RECYCLE PICKUP IS DIVIDED INTO 2 ZONES. EACH ZONE RECEIVES PICKUP EVERY OTHER WEEK ON WEDNESDAY.
Please refer to the ZONE MAP for recycling pick-up zones and the calendar on this page for the weekly schedule for trash or recycling pick-up dates.
When referring to the Zone Map, Zone 1 = Gray and Zone 2 = Blue.
PRINTABLE RECYCLING 2022 CALENDAR (Dates around holidays are subject to change.)
RECYCLING DUMPSTERS AT MULTIPLE LOCATIONS IN CITY
GLASS - A recycling bin for glass is located behind Orange Beach City Hall.
RESIDENTIAL VEGETATION, BULK ITEMS / WHITE GOODS COLLECTION
RESIDENTIAL VEGETATION and BULK ITEM / WHITE GOODS SERVICES are provided by the Public Works Department on a weekly basis. It is our goal to provide each residence with a minimum of one pick up per week as needed.
- Vegetative debris includes limbs, clippings, leaves, shrubs, trees and other landscaping items.
- Bulk Items / White Goods includes appliances, furniture, and lawn maintenance equipment, etc.
It is important that residents sort and provide separation of each type of pile for roadside collection due to different trucks disposing of these items in different locations. Grass clippings and leaves are to be piled together as they are collected with a vacuum. All other are collected with a knuckle-boom grapple.
Roadside collection is for RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS ONLY, not condominiums or businesess. City does not collect commercial items or debris.
For additional information, questions or concerns on relating to vegetation and/or bulk pickup services, contact Public Works Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m - 3:00 p.m. at 251-974-1023.
Please Note: Residents can no longer drop off household debris at the Public Works facility, which is now on Roscoe Road. The old location on William Silvers Parkway is now closed and owned by Baldwin County Public Schools. Residents can either put debris out for pick up, per the schedule below, or take it to the Magnolia Landfill in Summerdale. Residents can still drop off used tires, paint and motor oil at the new facility.
Debris pick-up routes for the City of Orange Beach are as follows, but are subject to changes due to weather and volume demands:
- MONDAY: Perdido Gates - South Bear Point, and most of North Bear Point. Second truck picks up Terry Cove Drive neighborhood, Beaver Creek, Cypress Village Spinnaker Way and Lauder Lane.
- TUESDAY: Finish North Bear Point - Burkhart Drive. Second truck picks up Gulf Bay Road - Bay La Launch mobile home park and West Oakridge Drive.
- WEDNESDAY: Holder Avenue - Wilson Boulevard - East Orange Beach. Second truck picks up the rest of West Oakridge Drive and then gets Cotton Bayou Drive.
- THURSDAY: Finish East Orange Beach to Callaway Avenue. Second truck picks up Marina Road-Terry Cove.
- FRIDAY: Canal Road - Bay La Launch Avenue, then truck starts route over. Second truck picks up Hwy. 161, Cotton Bayou to Caribe Drive, and then starts the route over.
VACUUM TRUCK (LEAVES)
- MONDAY: Wilson Avenue to Bear Point.
- TUESDAY: East Orange Beach to Hwy. 161 or Perdido Pass.
- WEDNESDAY: Bay La Launch Mobile Home Park and Beaver Creek Subdivision.
- THURSDAY: West Oakridge Drive.
- FRIDAY: main streets, Canal Road, Terry Cove Drive and Bear Point.
BULK ITEMS / WHITE GOODS
- MONDAY: Cypress Village, Beaver Creek, Spinnaker Way, Gulf Bay Road, Lauder Lane, and Bay La Launch Mobile Home Park. Second truck picks up Canal Road, South Bear Point, Perdido Gates, and North Bear Point
- TUESDAY: West Oakridge Drive, Beach Hwy, Cotton Bayou. Second truck picks up Green Tree Avenue - Walker Avenue.
- WEDNESDAY: Marina Road, Terry Cove. Second truck picks up East Orange Beach, Wilson Boulevard and Callaway Drive.
- THURSDAY: Starts route over. Second truck finishes its route and starts on vegetation on Callaway and East Orange Beach.
- FRIDAY: main roads, Canal Road, Hwy. 161, beach highway (Perdido Beach Boulevard), Cotton Bayou, Marina Road and Terry Cove. Second truck starts its route over.
RECYCLABLE MATERIALS INCLUDE:
• Newspaper and newspaper inserts
• Magazines and catalogs
• Junk mail and envelopes
• Office and school papers
• Boxboard (cereal, cake, & cracker boxes)
• Brown paper bags
• Aluminum cans
• Tin and steel cans
• Plastic milk jugs
• Plastic bottles
• Phone books
THESE ITEMS CAN NOT BE RECYCLED:
• Glass jars and bottles (Except behind City Hall, where a bin is located for glass only.)
• Plastic bags
• Food waste, garbage, yard waste
• Medical waste
• Food tainted items
• Pizza boxes
• Egg cartons
• Ice cream cartons
• Waxy paper milk cartons
• Aluminum foil
• Plastic cups/silverware
• Aerosol cans
• Plastics other than bottles
• Juice boxes/bags
• Styrofoam cups, containers, coolers, packing materials, etc.