POSITION TO BE FILLED: LIFEGUARD –AQUATICS CENTER TEMPORARY
STARTING SALARY: $11.17 HOURLY
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OUF
STARTING DATE: TBA
JOB SUMMARY: Under the general direction the person in this temporary part-time position will be responsible for overseeing the aquatics programs. This person is responsible for ensuring the safety of aquatics facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies. Perform other assigned duties when not actively serving in the role as a lifeguard.
- Valid driver’s license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Prefer one to two years of college.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard, CPR – Adult, Infant and Child, and First Aid certifications required.
- Ability to conduct swimming lessons as prescribed by American Red Cross.
- Prefer lifeguard experience.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and other non-standard hours when necessary.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug-Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
“THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND OFFERS EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL PERSONS, INCLUDING THE DISABLED.”
P.O. Box 458 ● Orange Beach, AL 36561 ● Phone (251)981-6979 ● Fax (251)981-1442 ● www.orangebeachal.gov