POSITION TO BE FILLED: LIFEGUARD II – AQUATICS CENTER FULL-TIME
STARTING SALARY: $14.10 HOURLY
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: OUF
STARTING DATE: TBA
Job Summary: Under the direct supervision of the Aquatics Coordinator, this position will assist with daily duties and operations. Under administrative direction, this employee supervises all aquatics programs within the City of Orange Beach. The employee is responsible for the safe and successful operation of the city’s aquatics facilities. Assist the Aquatics Coordinator in planning and scheduling a variety of aquatic programs and activities including swim lessons, water aerobics, special events, etc. Assist aquatics Coordinator in assigning, training and overseeing lifeguards and inspecting, monitoring, and properly operating pool equipment. This employee is directly responsible for pool water chemistry, sanitation, and clarity.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Possess and maintain a valid Alabama driver’s license with vessel endorsement.
- Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- ARC Lifeguard, CPR – Adult, Infant and Child, and First Aid certifications required
- Water Safety Instructor, or the ability to obtain within one year.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) or Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) or the ability to obtain within one year
- One-year experience as a lifeguard preferred.
- One to two years of college preferred
- Willing to work overtime, non-standard hours, weekends and holidays.
Applications may be picked up at City Hall, 4099 Orange Beach Boulevard, Orange Beach, AL 36561 or by downloading from our website at www.orangebeachal.gov.
Applications must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the job closing date posted above.
The City of Orange Beach is a Drug-Free Workplace and all applicants will be subject to drug/alcohol testing in accordance with the Alabama Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
P.O. Box 458 ● Orange Beach, AL 36561 ● Phone (251)981-6979 ● Fax (251)981-6981 ● www.orangebeachal.gov
THE CITY OF ORANGE BEACH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND A PARTICIPANT OF E-VERIFY