- Do I have to have a business license prior to submitting a bid?
No. You do not have to have a license to get on the bid list, or to bid; however, you will need to complete the business license process before a purchase order can be written. Contact the Revenue Department at 251-981-6096 for more complete information on licensing.
- How do I get on the bid list?
Prospective vendors may sign up to be notified of bid postings through the City of Orange Beach bid site.
The following are not required before being placed on the Bid List nor are they required to submit a bid, but the following forms will be required prior to the City of Orange Beach issuing a purchase order to a vendor:
- Current year signed and dated W-9
- An affidavit that the business complies with the current Beason-Hammon Alabama Taxpayer and Citizen Protection Act in the hiring of immigrants
- Copy of current City of Orange Beach Business License
- Is a bid bond required?
The State of Alabama bid law states that if the bid amount is $10,000 or more, a bid bond may be required. If a Bid Bond is required, the bid should be accompanied by a cashier's check, certified check, bank draft, or bid bond for the sum of 5% of the amount of the bid but not to exceed $10,000, made payable to the City of Orange Beach. All checks will be returned promptly, except the check of the successful bidder, which shall be returned after fulfilling the bid.
- Where do I send a bid package?
City of Orange Beach
P.O. Box 458
4099 Orange Beach Boulevard
Orange Beach, AL 36561