- Are fireworks and/or bonfires allowed on the beach?
Open flames of any kind are strictly prohibited by City Ordinance.
- Are tents allowed on the beach?
Tents and sunshades are allowed north of the Mean High Tide Line as represented by posted signage.
- Are vehicles allowed on the beach?
Only authorized government vehicles and beach maintenance vehicles are allowed on the beach.
- Can I launch a jet ski from the beach?
Beaching or launching personal watercraft from Gulf beaches is prohibited by City Ordinance.
- Can I take my dog on the beach?
For health and wildlife disturbance reasons, dogs are not allowed on Gulf Beaches. As an alternative, Unleashed in Orange Beach, our community dog park, or The Dog Pond at Lake Shelby in the Gulf State Park both offer you a great place to enjoy with your companion. Learn more information on the Unleashed Dog Park page.
- Does the city offer baseball and softball?
Yes. Find more information on the Youth Sports page.
- Does the city offer football?
Yes. Please see the Youth Sports page on the City Website for more information.
- How will I know when sport registrations begin?
Click the "Like" button on the City of Orange Beach Athletics Facebook page to receive up-to-date information on all youth sports offered. Flyers are also sent home with the children at Orange Beach Elementary School (OBES) just prior to the start of registration.
- What sports does the city offer, and to what age groups?
- Baseball (Tiny T-Ball through 12U; must be 4 on May 1st)
- Basketball (Ages 6U through 12U; must be 5 on September 1st)
- Cheerleading (Ages 10U and 12U; must be 9 on August 1st)
- Contact Football (Ages 10U and 12U; must be 9 on August 1st)
- Flag Football (Ages 6U through 12U; must be 5 on September 1st)
- Sand Volleyball (12U an 16U; must be 10 on May 1st)
- Soccer (Ages 5U through 14U; must be 4 on August 1st )
- Softball (Tiny T-Ball through 12U; must be 4 on May 1st)
- When is basketball season?
Typically, we run basketball registration during the month of November. The season will begin in December and run through February.